Monday, October 31, 2005

Quote 10-31-05, New Orleans Prints on Canvas to be available soon


Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better." André Gide

For those of you wondering what in the world has kept me from updating, well I've just been trying to get as much accomplished as possible lately. I've noticed I am picking up a few viewers from the Louisiana area that surf by on a regular basis.
That is cool--you could post a comment and say hi!;). The painting above has been chosen for the cover of the invitation to the art event. The theme is celebrate and rejuvenate--the most wonderful graphics team has gotten all the print material looking fantastic.I've been getting as much done as possible for my event in December. We have gotten most of the professional color corrected scans together for the printing of the run of prints, travel arrangements are being made, now we are on to the lighting issue, as well as packaging/displaying the originals. I've got 2 large originals finished--trying to decide how many to take. I've also been working on getting my giclee prints on mounted canvas available. Theser are going to be so neat! They are true pieces of art in themselves, and will be signed and number in runs of a limited amount. The gicless on canvas look so much like the original it is even hard for me to be able to tell from across the room. You can hang them on the wall just like an original painting, and the prices will be really great. So if you have wanted to purchase an original but couldn't afford it, now you can get the next best thing. I'll pop in with an annoucement when everything is running smoothly on my site.

I've also got to finish up a few commissions before we leave for our trip in a few weeks. Turning around yesterday, I realized the whole month of October flew by. I mean, honestly where did it go to? So I am on the downhill slide and need to be busy!

My daughters and I are also checking into the possibility of launching our own line of mineral makeup soon. I love it! So nice to be using something that is totally natural, feels wonderful and doesn't rag out your skin. So I've been frantic trying to decide the most important priorities first.!!! I've got to run into the booming metropolis of downtown to the post office in a bit so I'll cut it short for now...
By the way--it's going to be 77 here today-I guess we don't have winters anymore in Louisiana.

No comments: