Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Honey I'm home!



We finally made it home! Seems like it was a long trip. I think I am getting a bit more "americanized" than I want to admit. We really enjoyed our week in Mexico to serve our friends and spend time with friends we haven't seen in years. The first picture is on the plane, with my daughter who celebrated her 16th birthday on the way back home! Nothing like a trip to a celebrate 16. This wasn't your normal "Mexico" trip tho, and she ended up at some really remote clinics getting Rociphen shots for a bacterial gastro infection. Yuck! She was really brave though.
My other daughter did great as well, and was a true trooper. We got to do some wonderful site seeing in the beautiful state of Chiapas, I'll be adding more photos later. Those are the Mayan ruins in Palenque. Quite impressive--I love archaelogy, but seems as if the rest of my family doesn't share my passion. Hmm-

The last few days have been awful. Hubby came back with strep, loads of dirty clothes and I feel the pressure of the coming Holidays upon me. I must get all the details finished for the show with SEI in Philly asap, and need to get busy. We did get our Christmas tree up finally, and it looks nice! I'll have to show you our wonderful zebra ornaments-they turned out cool!
Well, I've got to get some sleep as the exhaustion point has been exceeded hours ago.

more later, just wanted to let you know we made it back safe and sound!

I'll post more photos from the trip later.

No comments: