Friday, November 11, 2005

Art Quote for Today, Shipping Day and Working Woes-Mineral Makeup Obsession and New Orleans Shotgun houses


Colour is my day-long obsession, joy and torment.
Claude Monet

I've been busy as usual. I had all intentions in the world yesterday of getting some painting done, but as of yet I still haven't gotten to work on the pieces I need for my big showing in Philly. I did get alot of legwork done yesterday. There are so many details to settle, I need a full time manager to get the loose ends tied up.
I designed and ordered 2000 new business cards, found a place that can get me envelopes and backings for the prints, tried to no avail to get the bank to get me the info on the visa setup, fielded several calls about lighting and finally got through to someone who could help. Sonya Paz is a phenomenal artist in Santa Clara, you really should check out her art. I love her use of color. She has been so helpful and supportive to give advice on the details of an art business. Surf on over and see her works.. you'll love them.

We went to our traditional Friday night football game last night, but it had been moved to Thursday. Yuck! Football Friday night is on Friday for a reason. No fun when you have to get up for work the next day. It was cold! Then on over to our local Mexican haunt, those guys will be able to retire early off of us!

The compounding of the first batch of mineral makeup went extremely well. We are testing the wearability of our foundation, blush, eyeshadows and liners. So far the results have been much better than I anticipated. Hopefully I'll have the website and our products ready to launch right after the New Year. I just don't see how I can push the time frame up any closer with our family trip to Mexican for a week, then the Philadelphia trip.. So, I'll keep you posted as to the details.

Oh, and fortunately.. the fingernail polish situation was fixed!

No comments: