Thursday, November 17, 2005

Total insanity+stress= frentic impulses! New Orleans art finished!




Sorry for the delay in my blogging. It has been an incredibly insane week or so here. My youngest daughter came down with acute tonsilitis last weekend, and was so ill. Then my oldest burnt her arm last week cooking, and I ended up with the throat stuff as well. Results were 3 doctors visits and a huge bill at the pharmacy. The events of last weekend were crammed packed with birthday parties, and different functions.Needless to say, being pumped up on high dosage antibiotics and the strangest decongestant I've ever taken made me all the more pleasant to be with during my "medicated" stint. The polyvent the Dr. gave me made me feel like an alien was sucking the life force out of my lungs during the night and I would wake up around 3 am feeling like I had no fluid in my body at all--almost dehydrated and painful to breathe...I hate medicine!!!!!

I've been trying to get caught up on my commissions before Christmas. The two paintings above were the last on my list! I'll be off to Fedex in a bit to ship them out. Now I can focus on my art show in Philly--although the parameters seem to be changing and now I have no clue as to what I should take--I spent the whole day at the mall looking for a "cocktail" dress and low and behold our sweet po dump town has nothing suitable for such an occassion! UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH--another snag in my plan before we leave. So now unless I get lucky I'll have to travel for 1-2 hours to a larger city and see if I can find something appropriate.

On a family note my poor hubby has had his own load of insanity with his work as of late and has made huge attempts to remain unstressed--but the kids sense something and it's been a tough one. We are leaving tomorrow for an 8 day missions trip to Mexico to see old friends and cook thanksgiving dinner for missionary friends. I hope this will be a good relaxing trip as we all need it. But before we go it's utter choas, getting all the details of his job, my job, the house, the dogs etc all ready to go!!! I wish we could detour for around 3-4 days and head down to Cozumel just to bum. Not happening! Wish me luck at getting the cranberry sauce into Mexico intact without being confiscated. Since 9-11 it's just really hard to take anything on an airline..I feel for those who work in the industry--it's got to be tough.

Well.. I won't be blogging for a week or so, so I thought I'd update quickly just so people will know that the madness still exists around here-I've just been so busy I haven't had time to share it.

Oh--and the makeup company is doing great. People are wanting the product so hopefully after the Christmas the big launch will take off well.

Gotta run!!! times a wasting and there are tons of details to attend to today!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

I really like your Artwork..very much your own style!..

Angel Blessings,
Rhiannon