Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Inspirational Quote for 11-08-05, Missing New Orleans


"We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever
becomes a master." Ernest Hemingway

I woke up this morning missing New Orleans, with the sun shining brightly in my window. It's been since June that I've walked the Quarter. I can tell you that today would be gorgeous down there. I've got a yearning for some jazz, and a bowl of gumbo. Or maybe a good shrimp poboy, then a beautiful moonlit stroll to for some beignets and cafe au lait. New Orleans, you'll rise again, better and stronger than before. I'll be back soon.

Today will be a great painting day, for it's been on these bitter sweet days when I wake up with an aching loss for N'awlins that I paint the best. I'll harness that sentiment and put it to work with some Aaron Neville and things just begin to flow out of my heart and from my brush.

Here's to a great day.. time to hit the shower and get ready for a great day of work. As chicken little says" Today is a new day!" Btw, go see it--it's sweet and the animation is incredible!!!

On another note, to all my friends who are in the insurance business--start cutting some checks for folks. It's ridiculous --honest hard working people that have never been a day late on their payments are still waiting without receiving a penny.

Maybe a nation wide "we won't pay anymore if you don't either attitude might be helpful???" I mean come on now!!

No comments: