Thursday, December 22, 2005

Friday Night Contemplations




Upon returning to our hotel I realized just how wonderful it is to be an American and to have the freedoms we so often take for granted. Our country is a wonderful place and we must preserve the freedom our forefathers gave their lives for.

We went down to the lobby and worked for several hours on show details that had been undone before we left. The Christmas atmosphere made for a nice environment. I found the beautiful little village scene especially mesmerizing and had a hard time being distracted by the little skier!

Joel tried very hard to keep me busy so I wouldn't be thinking of all that was transpiring back home. Emotionally I was a wreck as I knew my grandmother's funeral was today and my mom and girls all needed me. It was extremely difficult to have to be gone during such a difficult time. I was so glad I had spent time with my grandmother and that she had voiced her love for me many times over the last 10 days.
Ila Mae Thompson was an incredible woman and she will be missed dearly. I hope I never have to be in a situation like this one again, as it was a bittersweet trip. I know Grandma would have wanted me to make my trip, and to fulfill my contract with SEI. I pray I made her proud and felt like she was looking down from heaven with a smile as I presented my art.

We ended up staying up late drinking Starbucks and working in the FEDex center until around 1 am so we could be a bit more relaxed Saturday as we had to set up.

No comments: