Friday, November 03, 2006

Photos from my Chairish the Children Charity donation






I donated a chair for the northeast Louisiana Children's museum in October. The event was to raise support for the costs of operation. It was a fun project, but next time I think we'll go for something else, anything but a rocking chair!

Take a peek!

It's a really simple process, first you prime the raw wood furniture with 3 coats of gray spray paint primer, then paint your base coat colors 3 coats so it is not splottchy, then you begin to freehand your designs. I must admit I did use a sharpie to detail some outlines, as it became a little tedious. Then once all the freehand artwork is dry, you simply seal with 3-5 coats of clear laquer sealant. I used a spray. It only took 14 hours worth of painting, not including the drying time between coats. But whoever purchased this chair will definitely have a one of a kind,
and you know it is going to be worth millions one day! ;)

Next year, I think I'll paint a footstool! Ha!

1 comment:

Felicia said...

I havent any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.


protect