Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Unordinary Creative Quotes


The photo above is from my abstract series. If you'd like to see more of my abstract work click here

I'm still feeling horrible. I think it must be the Cipro the Dr. put me on. I can't hardly stay up on my feet for more than 30 mins without feeling dizzy, weak and like I am going to throw up. So I've got to go back today for another visit. Which is great, I hate paying another co-pay, then undoubtly another round of antibiotics of some sort. I can't really think of much to say, so I thought I'd list a few of my favorite unordinary quotes about creativity.

Here is one of my favorites, Vincent is one of my favorite artist:


“I try more and more to be myself, caring relatively little whether people approve or disapprove.” Vincent Van Gogh

BE YOURSELF!

"When I am, as it were, completely myself, entirely alone, and of good cheer - say, travelling in a carriage, or walking after a good meal, or during the night when I cannot sleep; it is on such occasions that my ideas flow best and most abundantly.” Mozart

DARE TO EXPERIMENT
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there." Miles Davis

"If I create from the heart, nearly everything works; if from the head almost nothing." Marc Chagall

"There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly." Buckminster Fuller


"All profoundly original art looks ugly at first." Clement Greenberg

Here are a few neat things to help your creativity while you surf today:

http://www.creativityforlife.com/full_article.php?article_id=37

Here's a cool quiz for artists preparing their first portfolio:
See it here


Ok, well peace out. I've got to go lay back down for a bit.
Hopefully things will even out soon.

No comments: