Monday, December 19, 2005

Back from Art Trip to Philadelphia! Philly Cheese steaks





I had the best time in Philadelphia for my trip to the SEI Holiday Christmas Event.
We arrived in Philly on Thursday and returned home Sunday morning. I thought it would be cool to do a day by day chronological photo blogging attempt so you can capture the essence of our trip. We left the Monroe airport around 6 am Thursday, and made it into Philly around 12 pm so it was a nice little flight. We stayed at the Marriott adjacent to the Philadelphia Convention Center. Our first outting we went across the street to Reading Market where you can find any and everything to eat. Here's what we chose! Ricks Philly Steaks!!! As you can see, my very handsome manager was quite happy to experience the original Philly Cheese steak. It was great!

The temp was around 14 degrees when we landed, and snow was still on the ground. Over the next day or so it warmed up! (yeah!!!!) So it wasn't too bad. We did a bit of shopping at the Gallery as I had a shoe misfortune and needed to find something comfy because I never expected to be walking so much!!!
We walked forever it seemed in the Gallery, which is nothing at all like what we have here locally. My daughters would have loved the place. The manager however did NOT, since we seemed to spend more time there than expected. The first 24 hours I basically rested because I was so tired from all that had transpired before we left, with my grandmothers illness and passing, and preparations with prints etc. The last minute details were brutal, and I went to bed around 2 am then got up at 4 am to catch the flight. A nap was the highlight of Thursday!

No comments: